Saturday 7 November 2009

Traces leave after forgetting

Few days ago, I decided move my working place from my room to living room. Sitting on the chair for long hour wasn't comfortable at all. So I brought my laptop, research paper and some books in to the living room. However, in the next day before I met some friends I left a mass there. these things were completely forgotten in the living room which I should bring back to my room.

During that day, I was always worry about the mass, could my flatmate would secretly see my sketch book or would he check my laptop. Although there was nothing really embarrassed but there was always a little voice telling me 'your privacy hasn't been seen'. Suddenly, I felt that there I lost secure of my personal life. What the wired thing is just a little object could bring me panic. It seems the evidence of my private life is show up in front of the public. And my flatmate can have a chance to gaze me from head to toe.

Later on, I keep thinking of my laptop, some research papers, does it actually indicates part of my identity such as my taste, interested or behavior. If there was nothing left obviously non of the people could have a chance to guess me as person from empty.

Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre are the photographers of landscape, and the main theme they shoot is about the leftover from some spaces. The places they choose have already no people lived inside for a long time. Yet by far the interior and the furnitures can still tell you some information from that period, where people used to be inside. Amazinlly what they created is the beauty of ruin.



Knowing more about photographers:
http://www.marchandmeffre.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment